Saturday, April 25, 2009

Thursday, it was time to equip myself for the warming weather. I threw on my Porta-Portese three euro dress (roughly equivalent to four dollars, my sucker price) and dangerous flip flops, and set out toward Kohl's and TJ Maxx. I stopped on a whim, though, halfway there when I saw Plato's Closet. I got a couple of cute new dresses, snappy but casual, one green and one black.

Aww.

I got two new pairs of flip-flops, one of them fancy and with bronze decoration. I love bronze decoration because it suits my extremely pale skin and red hair. For the other, I had intended to buy my annual pair of shoes that wears out after its use is ended-- I like the thatch-top kind because they literally fall apart when their time comes, without turning smelly or allowing me to hold on to them past due. And mine had literally become dangerous. You may well ask, how could a pair of flip-flops actually become dangerous? Exhibit A:

Yeah, the thatchy part was coming off; I got these things in Valvegas last summer, as their carbon-copy brown version brethren were becoming dirty and torn up. But what, you may wonder, is up with that tape?

A piece of the busted glass that likes to lie around the apartment parking lot got lodged in the shoe, pushing its way up through, right along that black edging. I did not realize this is what it was, so thinking it was a rock, I tried to pry the thing loose. It cut up my finger before I knew what it was, and then I tried to get it out with small metal implements. In the end, I knew, I needed to get new shoes.

So I taped over the glass (it was never actually hurting my foot to begin with!) and wore the damn things a day or two more. Because I'm like that.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, you are SUCH your father's child :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i youtubed fruits basket. eek! i love it! haha.

    ReplyDelete