Saturday, March 28, 2009

Spring Breaaaaak! Woooo!

Well, I'm back in Kansas, the laundry is done, the email is checked, and the bills are paid. I'll admit to being daunted by the prospect of detailing my whole trip into blog format, but I think I'll instead take a different tack, noting random things as they come back to me. I'll give a(nother) brief outline so that it'll be possible to place the events in time as I go.

14 KS
15 TX
16 TX
17 TX
18 TX/MD
19 MD
20 VA
21 VA
22 DC
23 MD


14th - Afternoon spent packing, evening spent at beer tasting with Heath and friends. I hang out with the band and am super cool.
the band, once onstage and no longer hanging out with me

15th - Mostly spent driving south to Texas with Erin, a great roadtrip experience; evening at her sister's house. Australia.
In the parking lot just before taking off!

16th - Slept in, went for a walk in the sunny warm day in Houston, TX, talked in the pretty spring-livened park; met her father and toured their house; curry and mojitos, gelato and Rock Band II. Let the Right One In.
17th - "felix felicis day" .. lunch at the Hobbit Cafe, afternoon in art gallery and sculpture garden, then on to Rice campus where we discovered free pie; what begins cloudy turns into the most beautiful day this year. Rushmore.
in the sculpture garden

OMG, send me to Rice-- they have swings.

(and also, free pie, and men dressed like this guy in the green hat... how can I lose?)

18th - another breakfast with Erin, a delayed flight to BWI, reunite with Joe and spend evening talking in coffeeshop, and night-time karaoke at a local bar.

Dooon't stop...

19th - going-away-party brunch for a girl who seems really cool (but whom I don't know) is delicious, afternoon of lyng about watching Fellowship of the Ring extended DVD, more walking about Annapolis talking. Evening at going-away-party part II, night-time hanging out with Zack and Alexandra, then Paul.
Hello Annapolis, you charming little town.

20th - morning commuter bus to DC metro, metro to Dean's parents, Dean's parents to Charlottesville, VA. Afternoon with Dean and fine food, evening at the Libel show, night-time at the cast party (til the cops shut us down).
21st - Virginia countryside, lunch at a colonial inn, wine tasting in the afternoon, and South African dinner experience; Rock Band II with "Slashlee" and "Reijdt" who join via interweb.
22nd - sunny and warmer; I find it silly to pass right through DC again without stopping, plus that is where Emily C will be that day. We talk and have a late lunch, and walk around the mall area, from Smithsonian to the basin, to Jefferson, then Lincoln, WWII, and back up to Washington. Dinner at Ray's Hell Burger with her boyfriend, and I crash at Dylan's place.

The cherry trees are about to bloom!

Jefferson!

23rd - morning commuter bus to Annapolis, spend the day walking and talking with Joe, wandering around campus and wondering about the future. As the afternoon dwindles I drive us to BWI, and then fly home in a storm.

Yay!

Unfortunately, my camera died some time in Texas, and I hadn't brought my battery charger. Whoops!

No comments:

Post a Comment