Saturday, March 14, 2009

Trip Triangulation: 3157 miles

Tomorrow I am leaving for my spring break adventure. As usual, I could not take a simple plan, or even a single plan for the break, but insisted upon a triangulation trip: multitask-master at work. It's just the packing for it that's going to be a beast.

Google Maps is the best! (Double true)

So here's how this is going to go:

First, and most grueling, I'm driving to Texas with Erin. This occurs tomorrow beginning at 8am and ending, apparently, at about 8pm. We'll spend a few days there with her family. St. Patrick's Day is to be spent with her older sister (who manages a bar), and/or going to the beach, depending on the weather. I treasure the possibility of warmth.

From Houston, I'll be using my Southwest credit from that Nashville trip to fly up to Baltimore to stay with my friend Joe. This will occur on Wednesday afternoon. Friday morning, I am riding with Dean's parents down to Charlottesville to see him in the UVA Libel Show, a musical lampoon written and produced by the law students each year. We'll be back up in the DC area on Sunday so I can see my friend Captain Cook from my Rome semester and hang out with Joe some more until it is time for me to fly back to Kansas City on Monday.

All of this has me going about 3157 miles as the crow flies. Awesome!

We might have left earlier and allowed ourselves more time in Texas, but Erin and I each have stuff going on today. She has a girls' group night out in KC, and I'm going to Heath's beer tasting party in about half an hour.

Will, naturally, keep you "posted" (haha, get it?)!

No comments:

Post a Comment