Saturday, March 28, 2009

..spring indeed (grumble)

The equinox has come and gone and we in the northern hemisphere are now getting more sunlight than darkness. Provided, of course, that the clouds allow it to pass through and reach us here on earth.

This does not, apparently, require it to become springlike in any weather fashion. Chilly grey weather has progressively worsened over the course of the week. Today's sleet, snow, and freezing rain (or "wintry mix," as they call it down at the weather channel) actually caused my tutoring job to be canceled today! Which I certainly don't mind, as I was not relishing the idea of driving to Kansas City in this weather.

This would not, by the way, be the ACT tutoring, but GRE tutoring which I've begun with an extremely intelligent woman from Libya. Her challenge will be the GRE verbal, which is of course a challenge even for English-speaking native sons.

Anyway, I'm crossly stationed in my apartment, unwilling to do the bundling required to face windchill of even 20 degrees. Since the weather does tend to have a pretty big impact on my mood, I've been cranky lately.

Last night was my first night back as food expediter at Zig's. People seemed happy to have me. I, in turn, was happy to have a food runner assistant.

Still, it felt like old times when I rolled up and had to bend my head to the windy cold, since I last worked there in December. I suppose if I got random 60-degree days in January, I must also accept random freezing rain and sleet in late March.

Blah, I say!

The grass has begun to green! The trees, to bud!


The photo doesn't really capture the way the wind is blowing those clumpy flakes around.


Hey, ice layer, hey.

1 comment:

  1. haha cute icey layer!

    the weather in ga is still being that weird crazy sauna-surprise-its-a-freezer experience.

    love you!

    ReplyDelete